Thursday, September 23, 2010

Had a little scare today!

I had my 35 week appointment today with Dr. Long.  He was concerned that while I did gain weight since my last appointment (2 weeks ago), my belly wasn't measuring any bigger!  Since I see all 6 Drs on a rotation, it's not usually the same Dr. measuring me at each appointment.  He was still nervous enough to order me a Growth Ultrasound.  I was of course worried, but I knew the worst case scenario would be that he would need to be delivered sooner rather than later.  And at this point he should be fine being born now.  Thankfully, everything looked perfect!  My fluid was high and the baby is doing great.  I couldn't see him very well on the ultrasound because he's so big now, but we could see him playing with his toes!  And he's definitely still a boy. :)  The ultrasound tech said he's in the 38th percentile and is around 5 1/4 pounds already!

No comments:

Post a Comment